9.03.2008

Moved

Well, after 9 years, I no longer live in Provo. It's hard to believe I actually lived there that long! About 2 weeks ago we moved to Saratoga Springs. We are renting a town home there. It is so nice having a garage and a yard. We really like the place for the most part. What we didn't notice before we moved in was the massive amounts of dog hair all over our carpet. Apparently, the renters before us had a dog, but no vacuum. But after a thorough Rug Doctoring, several vacuumings, and a complete going over with a lint roller of every square inch of carpet we are 90% dog hair free. Hopefully, regular vacuuming will eventually clear up that last 10%. Needless to say, I didn't have the kindest thoughts going through my head towards the previous renters as I was down on my hands and knees trying to lint roll the hairs out of the carpet. I think one of the most frustrating things about moving 5 times during our 3.5 years of marriage has been spending hours cleaning the place we were moving out of and then spending hours cleaning the place we move into. I don't know if it's just our luck, but we have never moved into a place that was left clean by the previous tenants.

Well, I usually don't vent very much on our blog, but it feels nice to get that out. Anyways, in more exciting news, to celebrate our clean carpet, we went and bought a new leather couch! Well, new to us and in very good condition. Now we just have to find a loveseat or chair to match it!


Just a random picture if Lauryn I thought was cute.

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Sorry about the dog hair, but congrats on the townhouse! And you're right, that's definitely a cute picture of Lauryn! Does she take a bad picture though? Did I tell you that I'm going to be in Boise for a whole extra month now? We've been having INSANE power outages here, lasting 10-11 hrs a day! so I need to get back for work, etc. I'm also going to the Jason Mraz concert!! I wish you could come..

Makenna said...

Yuck!!! In Hawaii the house we lived in had a dog before - there was hair in the tracks of the closet doors....so sick. Why cant people just clean up as they go!?

hayley said...

Congrats on the leather sofa, how nice! I love leather because I feel like it can't collect smells, which is of course a must have for being a sick pregnant lady:) Are you feeling better yet? I have stopped throwing up but man I struggle really bad at the dinner hour. I can't believe we are only three days apart! Maybe will and i will have to move back to utah:) although, I bet if you are having a boy, I am going to get a girl!

Sam said...

Wow, that's really gross about the dog hair! That always how I feel when I move-- I get so mad when I move in to a place that is not clean. Other than the gross factor, I hope you like your new place! We'll miss having you guys so close.