9.09.2008

Goodbye, Hernia...you will not be missed.

Bright and early at 5 am this morning Lauryn had surgery to fix her umbilical hernia. We got there and got her dressed up in a little gown. It was so cute when she was walking around right before the surgery and you could see her little back and diaper bum through the opening of her gown. It went pretty quickly and the toughest part so far was when she woke up from the anesthesia. She was really out of it and very grumpy and squirmy. She slept all the way home from the surgical center and has been pretty good since we got home. We watched cartoons all morning and then she just went down for a nap, hopefully a very long one :). Our camera was out of batteries, so I didn't get the before shot like I wanted to or any pictures of her in the tiny little hospital gown. But looking back over her pictures I found where that hernia snuck into a few of them. In a couple weeks when she's healed up I'll get an after picture on here.


5 comments:

DaNae said...

I bet she looked so cute in her little hospital gown! I hope she has a fast recovery. So fun that you have a garage and yard now!!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

oh she is so cute. I had a belly button like that too, but it was much bigger like a golf ball sticking out. I do not think I ever had a surgery though. it just went in. I will have to ask my mom. today I have an "inny" I hope she recovers fast.

hayley said...

I am glad everything went well! Good luck with recovery and healing process:)

Joanna said...

It sounds like the surgery went well. What a trooper you are Lauryn! I bet it's nice to have that over with.

Pahulu Family said...

Hi Pahulu family! Just stumbled across your blogspot and wanted to say hello:) Paul is my husbands (Taniela Pahulu) first cousin and have just discovered that we are not too far from eachother. We live in South Jordan and maybe we can all get together sometime? Your daugher is beautiful and I'm sure your excited for the new addition! We'd love to hear from you guys and see if we can catch up. Much love, The Pahulu's