6.26.2008

Mooooooooooo!


For the past month or so the country radio station has been having a contest to win Tim McGraw tickets. Paul always listens on his way to and from work and has tried calling in a few times but never makes it through. So, last night on our way to the grocery store we were listening and they said the contest would be in a few minutes. We decided to wait out in the car until it came on and each try on our phones to get through. After several busy signals I finally got a ring tone so I quickly handed the phone to Paul and we were the right number caller! So he had to listen to a Tim McGraw song played in polka style and guess which song it was. He got it right (it was "where the green grass grows") and we won 2 tickets!!! We got to hear Paul on the radio too. It was funny because the DJ told him he got it wrong at first and he was so upset but then he told him he was just joking and that we won! They also made Paul say "mooooooo" because the radio station is called K-bull. I was glad I handed the phone over to him. So, tomorrow night we're going to see Tim McGraw!!!! And best of all, my cousin Jake and his wife Jo are watching Lauryn for us so it will be a real date!

11 comments:

DaNae said...

Oh My gosh!! That will be such a good concert. I saw him last year and it was awesome. Take some pics.

Cassandra said...

Wow...Jack Johnson AND Tim McGraw?? Not too shabby.

Did you hear about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiAAIqFOrZE

I'm not sure if the link will show up in your comments, but basically Tim Mcgraw almost got in a fight with some drunk guy in the audience at a recent concert. Apparently, the guy was about to attack a woman. Some ppl think it was staged. You'll have to tell me if anything like that happens tomorrow night. :)

Ginger said...

Oh I'm so jealous, I'm so jealous! I'm jealous that you get to go see Tim McGraw, and I'm jealous that J&J get to play with Lauryn. Have fun!!!

julie said...

That is awesome, I've always wanted to see him. It seems like when he's here it is always on a Sunday. I didn't know you were the call in radio type :)

Jubilant Johnsons said...

I'm so jealous! I always want to win tickets from the radio station, but I never know exactly what to do so I never call! Have a great time at the concert though, sounds like a blast.

Kevin and Emily said...

WOW! That is so cool that you guys won tickets. Tim McGraw puts on one amazing show- I hope you guys had a great time!

Joanna said...

I'm so happy you guys got to go and have a date out on the town. We looooved watching Lauryn. She was a sweetheart.

XUE said...

belated congratulations to Paul from Tokyo! My husband enjoys listening to Tim McGraw too but we don't think he'll come to Tokyo & definitely he won't undertsand any contest if there is one here...since it will be in Japanese! He is German.

hayley said...

That is so awesome! How fun, way to go Paul:)

Laura Bradford said...

I am soooo freakin jealous of you! I would love to go to a Tim Mcgraw concert! How was it???

Kevin and Emily said...

Hey Heather! We decided to make our blog private and I don't have your email to send you an invite. If you want to have access to our blog, send me an email at emilymariedalton@yahoo.com. Hope all is well!