6.16.2008

Cherry Festival


When I was little, the most exciting part of the summer was the Annual Emmett Cherry Festival. My cousins would all come to town for the week and we would have so much fun. Now it's become a tradition for my family to get together so the next generation of cousins can enjoy it. Lauryn and I went up last week and took my nephews and niece with us. Poor Paul had to stay home and work. But don't worry, he did have some fun of his own with renting a Wii game and going golfing with his brother. Anyways, we had an awesome time with the family. Lauryn had so much fun at Grandma's house. Here are some highlights of the week:
petting the goats who live next door


swinging on the porch swing (Lauryn and Ainslee who were born 5 days apart)


picking and eating Grandma's strawberries


playing with cousins



riding the big slide at the Cherry Festival

4 comments:

DaNae said...

I love traditions like this! Lauryn looks so grown up. I bet Paul was glad to you have guys home.

Ginger said...

For those of you not familiar with the Cherry Festival, I will confirm that it truly was the best part of the summer. Looks like fun!

hayley said...

How fun! Look at all those cousins:) Glad you had fun

The Fuhrmann's said...

ahhh... missed you at the Festival! I had to work all the nights. Guess I will just have to see you at the 10 year!