3.18.2008

Keeping entertained

Lately Lauryn has been getting more and more active and independent. Thankfully, the weather has started to get nicer and she LOVES going to the park. She's getting to be a pro at climbing and sliding. On the days when it's been too cold outside I've tried to get creative to make our house a more fun place to be. Here are some of the activities we've come up with, all of which have been somewhat successful.

Toe painting. She had a hard time staying still, but she loves her painted toes. She makes me take her shoes off sometimes just so she can look at them.


Coloring. This goes alright for a while, but twice she's made it to the door without me noticing and colored on it. Luckily they are washable crayons!


Festive dinners. This was my St. Patrick's day inspired meal. The pancakes are supposed to be 3 leaf clovers. Lauryn wasn't too interested in the spinach eggs, but she did eat a few bites of them.


Spending time with Dad and Uncle Key. Weekends are the best because both Paul and his brother Kelen are home usually and they help me entertain Lauryn. I realized the other day that I don't have very many pictures of Lauryn with her Uncle, even though he lives with us. They are really cute together. Sometimes he watches her when we go to the temple on Saturday mornings and we always come home to find them both in pajamas snuggling on the recliner watching cartoons together.

3 comments:

DaNae said...

I love her toes! And you are so creative for st. patty's day! I was lame and did nothing!

hayley said...

Way to go mom! What a fun mom you are:) I love the pics of her and her uncle, that is so sweet! I am so glad we got to hang out at the park. Lauryn is such a beautiful fun little girl:)

julie said...

They are so cute together. I am trying to show Hailey these pictures to convince her that Kelen is a nice Uncle...we'll see if it works in a couple weeks :)