11.23.2010

Living room reveal

One year ago we were packing up our townehouse and getting ready to close on our home. Here we are a year later and we have finished a good portion of the upstairs. We are done with everything except the master bedroom and the bathrooms. So here is the before and after for the living room. We painted, replaced the carpet with hardwood, took out all the floor tile and replace the fireplace surround with slate. And when I say we, I mean about 25% me and 75% Paul. One thing you can't see in this before picture is the blinds, which were metal and the same forest green as the carpet (just really lovely as you can imagine). Also, the picture doesn't do justice to the old tile (marbled with forest green) and the forest green grout. We'll get some pictures up of the rest soon!




10 comments:

hayley said...

WOw it looks amazing!! Way to go:) I love the warm undertones too. Very nice job of pulling all the colors together. That is hard to do.

Cassandra Nelson said...

Nice work!

Joanna said...

It looks really lovely. It's easy to tell that you guys put a lot of work into it.

Karen said...

I love the warmth that you put into the room with your colors. It looks awesome!

Riki said...

Do you want to come work on my house?

Ginger said...

That looks SO great! It almost makes me want to do some painting.

mary said...

I am still in shock that you put those beautiful curtains in the garbage. Shows the difference in our age, HUH>

Kathy said...

Flooring can really make a big difference in making or breaking a certain part of your home. If you have an outgoing personality, darker colors for your flooring fits for you. But if you're like me who's laid back and girlish, light-colored floor suits you. In my hometown in Clearwater, flooring experts would always say that in choosing floors for your home, you must consider the kind of personality you have and floor stores you will go to so that you will have the excellent flooring for your home.

julie said...

I am way behind on blogging so I am just now seeing these pictures. You guys did a great job on the livingroom, it looks great!

julie said...

I am way behind on blogging so I am just now seeing these pictures. You guys did a great job on the livingroom, it looks great!