10.29.2007

Lauryn's Birthday!!

So, this is a couple of weeks late, but here are some pic's from Lauryn's birthday. I think she had a fun day, even though some of my attempts to make it special failed. Unfortunately there was bad weather so my ideas of going to the park and going to the farm at Thanksgiving Point weren't going to work. So I tried to think of some indoor alternatives and came up with the kids play area inside the mall and the pet store, neither of which Lauryn found very entertaining. The play area at the mall isn't much fun for babies and the pet store was stinky and pretty lame. But at least we had some fun just being together. Lauryn did really love all her presents though. It was so fun watching her open them and play with them. We let her have macaroni and cheese for the first time for dinner, which she loved. She ate so much that when cake time came she wasn't interested. I ended up making her a star cake, which kind of turned out, but I guess it didn't matter because all she did was poke it a few times! So now we have a little one year old, I can't believe it!

3 comments:

DaNae said...

Love the presents you got her. They look so fun! And good job on the cake!

Ginger said...

Just be glad it's her first birthday. She's never had one before so she has no preconceived notions of how a birthday SHOULD be. I bet she loved the mommy time. Cute cake!

hayley said...

She is such a beautiful little girl! Cool cake:) Way to be a fun creative mom for the b-day. I don't know what I want to do for Cohen. Will is going to be out of town that week so I am kind of bummed:(