6.29.2013

Thomas Robert Pahulu, "4th baby"

Before Tommy was born and we didn't know what his name would be, Lauryn would bring home things she made him at school addressed "To: 4th baby". I don't know why, but I thought this was so cute and funny. It seems like each of our  children has joined the world pretty much in the fashion that they live in the world. Lauryn- slow, steady, a lot of pushing but little pain; Annie- fast and furious, completely on her terms; and Keleni- easy, peaceful, happy, with just a touch of fury. Thomas seems to follow this same pattern. My labor went pretty seamless, but then he had to stay in the NICU for a week because he couldn't keep his oxygen levels up. (Don't worry, he is completely healthy now). For the most part, he is a really easy baby. He sleeps pretty well and is pretty happy, but then every once in a while he gets a little difficult. Really he just likes to be held, so it doesn't seem fair to blame him. Unfortunately, I don't usually have two free arms to hold him, or even one free arm for that matter! I am pretty happy to let other things slide and snuggle this boy as much as I can, though! He is about as sweet as they come and we are all 100% smitten with him. Just see for yourself.



7 comments:

Clandestine Road said...

Congratulations! What a sweetie.

Two words: The Ergo. It's God's gift to moms of four. It is a front pack and back pack for newborns up to three. I couldn't live without mine. Our fourth lived in it his first seven months.

http://www.amazon.com/Ergo-Carrier-Black-Camel-Lining/dp/B0010PW3A4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372649498&sr=8-1&keywords=ergo (but look on Craigslist. They are so much less expensive there.)

Angie Little-Gott

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

He's so stinkin handsome! I've gotta be honest 4 kiddos is kicking my backside.

hayley said...

What a handsome handsome little man! I just want to squeeze him:) I will have to meet him in person our next Utah trip. Way to go, mom of four! These little ones are so worth it

Heather said...

Amen to that! I was definitely not prepared for how difficult it would be. It's nice to know I'm not the only one :)

Heather said...

We would LOVE to see you if you ever make it up here! You're right, even though it's hard it is the most amazing gift to be a mom. I just need to keep that perspective!

Heather said...

Thanks, Ang! I will have to look into that. I have a wrap carrier but he doesn't seem to love it and it's a production to get it on. The Ergo seems like it would work much better!

Ginger said...

Heather, your kids are so cute! My mom always said she wished she could escape to a deserted island with her baby for a few months and just sit in a rocking chair and snuggle. I totally know that feeling. I just want to enjoy that babe and have all my other responsibilities go away. It seems to get worse the more kids you have. Sometimes I feel like the only time I see that kid is when I'm nursing him. Thank goodness for that! Anyway, I'm glad things are going well. I have a Baby Bjorn (I like for young babies) and an Ergo carrier (I like for older babies) that I will totally pop in the mail if you'd like to use them. Just say the word.