5.09.2008

Mexico

We've been home for over a week now and I'm finally posting about our big trip. The night before we left we stayed at my brother Shane's house. Paul and I woke up at about 3 am and left for the airport while poor Lauryn was still sleeping with no idea that her parents were leaving her for 4 nights and 5 days in beautiful Mazatlan. Well, I did tell her we were going, but I don't think she really understood me. We had such a great time! Our resort was amazing, with the most beautiful landscaping and pools and ocean views and wildlife. There were flamingos, peacocks, macaws, iguanas, and a lot of other kinds of birds. We spent most of our vacation at the pool drinking virgin tropical drinks, eating nachos, and swimming. The waiters thought we (especially Paul) were crazy when we asked for our drinks with no alcohol. We also went in to the city a few times. One day we went into the center to go to the open market and see the Cathedral and were seriously attacked by pigeons at the cathedral. One about landed on my head. The best parts of the vacation were (in order): having some alone time where we could just relax, eating a ton of delicious Mexican food, and enjoying the incredible scenery and different culture. I was so thankful that Paul speaks Spanish and had lived in Mexico for two years so I didn't have to worry about keeping track of money or communicating. One of the nice things about leaving Lauryn behind was that we were so excited to come home! The report was that she did really well as long as she had her blankie with her. I know she loved being around so many kids to entertain her. And now that we've been back for a week, I'm finally getting back into normal life mode. Here are some of the best pictures from our trip.








This was the view from our balcony.


6 comments:

Ginger said...

Your hair is so cute short, Heather! Looks like a great trip!

Cassandra said...

Your trip looks awesome Heav! I hope you had a blast! (Thanks for the Bday card!!)

Kristalyn said...

How fun that you got to take a trip by yourselves! It looks beautiful down there. You look really good!

Laura Bradford said...

Wow!!! It looks like you had a great vacation! For sure we need to get together! I am jealous of all those beach pictures : )

DaNae said...

I love your new header. So cute! I miss you guys so much too! I would love it if we were neighbors and we could go to the pool everyday together. It is fun, but it would be so much better with some company. Tell Paul he would LOVE the heat here!!!

Julie Graham said...

Heav this looks so fun! I am so glad the two of you got to get away and that you got to get away to that! Your view was amazing! I loved seeing the pictures! Beautiful! I especailly liked the sunset pictures!